Cannot link Origin account

Every time I try to link my Origin account I get a message box at the top of the screen saying “Unable to link the Origin name to your account”.

Hello @VII-S-VII and welcome to the TRN forums!

The message appears to state that someone named Sugar_x_Wolf has already linked your Origin username to their TRN account. From what I see down at the bottom of the screen, that username likely belongs to you due to the Twitch account.

Do you have a separate TRN account named “Sugar_x_Wolf”?

I don’t think I have a separate account named that…

Sugar_x_Wolf is my twitch name its the only place I have that name I believe

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding the error. Maybe it means that you cannot update the Origin account because another Origin account named “Sugar_x_Wolf” is already linked to your TRN account?

Have you recently changed your name on Origin? If you log into Origin’s website and look at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen, does your username match what you’re attempting to put in the TRN linked account for Origin?

I have never changed my Origin name and yes it matches

Hmm, okay. Can you try this for me:

• Clear the Origin account
  • Sign out of your TRN account
  • Go to Origin’s webpage and sign out if you’re not already
  • Clear your browser cookies and cache
  • Log back into Origin
  • Log back into TRN
  • Try adding your Origin account as a Linked Account again

Sorry was gone… I just tried what you said and it still gives me the message box. A good while back like long time ago I had a TRN account was my first one I only have this one and the other one but the other I deleted cuz I made this one and even on my old account I couldn’t link Origin either so. Is there something else that could be causing the issue?

Also I don’t if it was a bug or something but one of the attempts to link my Origin account the message box came up but instead of Sugar_x_Wolf it was a different name it was ImSwat or something like that.

Hi ! Same Problem…
II-Cartman-II

Best regards

Same issue. I´ve tried with my friends´ names but with mine, it gives the error couldnt find the account.

@westk, Can you please let me know your Origin/EA ID?

Also, which EA title are you playing? (Apex/Battlefield?)

Thank you

WeStKa/WeStKerberos

BF

Any news? .

It looks like that ID ‘WeStKa’ can be found; however, you have the account set to private WeStKa’s Profile Overview - Battlefield 2042 Tracker (battlefieldtracker.com)

You may need to open up both your privacy in-game for your statistics to show on our site; plus, I note your ID doesn’t show when searched within the EA App, which can sometimes indicate you have your profile privacy set to hidden on EA’s own site here: Customer Portal (ea.com)

If you believe I have the wrong ID here, it may save time if you simply add me via the EA App - My ID should be pretty easy to find ‘JYMLButOnPC’

Im sorry but in ea.com its set in “everyone” the privacy option. I dont play BF2042.

I didnt have any issues searching for my profile

@westk Which game are you playing?

As the account owner, you’re likely getting different results :slight_smile:

Battlefield 1, 3 y 4