Gamertag Update

Hey guys, I have recently changed my Xbox gamertag and just wondering if my gamertag on the tracker network would change as well and how long that takes. Would my account start from scratch or would the name just update. Any ideas?

Hi @B1G_PLUTO,

In some cases, it takes at least a few days to update your nickname. If you are using a link for your old nickname to open your profile, please use your new nickname to search for your profile again.

Oh okay makes sense. I’m already signed into my TRN account when I check my stats, so did you mean I try searching my new gamertag instead of going into the old one? Also if I do that, doesn’t that mean my views start from 0 again? Sorry I am a very competitive player and don’t want to lose my views on the tracker lol

I’m already signed into my TRN account when I check my stats, so did you mean I try searching my new gamertag instead of going into the old one?

Yes, correct. Most probably, you will need to unlink your Xbox profile and link it again if it keeps redirecting you to your old profile.

Also if I do that, doesn’t that mean my views start from 0 again?

Unfortunately, there is a high chance of it. Apex Legends has a lot of technical limitations in terms of stats and profiles in general, we cannot easily transfer the data after changing a nickname.