Overlay causes severe input lag

I see that a lot of people were having issues with both live match and overlay not working. I finally got my overlay to work by unchecking the “disable fullscreen optimizations” checkbox in the advanced settings of ModernWarfare.exe. I must have checked that previously to try to optimize my fps.

Anyway, now that the overlay is working, the live match tracking works perfectly. The only problem is, that by having the overlay enabled (even when it is hidden) my game has a huge amount of input lag. It honestly makes my sensitivity feel like it has quartered. If I alt+tab out and close overwolf, it immediately goes back to normal.

That being said, my current workflow is to open the tracker app, load into a game, check to make sure there aren’t any unsavory players in the lobby, and if they’re arent I have to alt+tab out and close Overwolf to be able to keep playing.

Obviously that isn’t ideal, but I’m also playing on a low end laptop so it may just be hardware issues on my end that causes the overlay to cause lag/input delay.

I do, however, have two monitors and if I disable the overlay I can still see the app on my left monitor. However, by doing that the live match tracking no longer works. It would be great if the Live Match tracking worked even when the overlay was disabled because then I would be able to leave it open during games. I’m not sure if that’s possible with the Overwolf framework or not, but since a lot of people were having issues with both of those two things and for me (at least) they seem to correspond, if it is a bug I figured that may help track down the issue.

Hi @teeshtv,

Thank for your feedback. We had some performance issues in the past and we will run our internal tests to check if we have them again. I will let you know if there is anything we can do.

If possible, could you uninstall the app and leave Overwolf open while playing Warzone? Do you still experience performance issues in this case? (Do not forget to enable the overlay for Warzone.)

It would be great if the Live Match tracking worked even when the overlay was disabled because then I would be able to leave it open during games.

Unfortunately, there are many technical limitations right now which is why the app cannot work without the overlay being enabled. This is currently the only way to retrieve the information about your lobby in Warzone.

According to our tests, the app stays in a reasonable range in terms of computational requirements. There is a chance, however, that your laptop cannot cope with both Warzone and Overwolf. Could you share your laptop specs for us please?

Hey,

I’m having issues with this as well.

My thoughts are that Overwolf and Tracker are breaking G-sync, because for some damn reason the overlays insist on showing on my first monitor, over the game itself.

Windows 10 64bit latest update.
[email protected] Ghz
RTX 3080
C17 3800mhz 32GB RAM
NVME SSD

yeah im getting input lag/fps drop too.

i have i78700
1080 GPU
16 gb ram