Highlights Is Lacking In Some Areas

Hey,

I have been using the Tracker app for Valorant for a week now and I have experienced some issues.

First:
The app does not launch with Valorant half of the time and I have to reboot to get it to work or shut all instances down with the task manager.

Second:
For some reason valorant hightlights does not record in game modes even when the app is active.

Third:
When deleting highlights they stay displayed which is quite annoying.
deleted clips

Fourth: if I delete something within the folder and not the app it will still display the clips. Could be nice If it checked if the clips were still present in the folder if not it would not display them in the app

(this is more quality of life) But would be very nice to have a slider to choose how much space it can take up to 10 GB is not a lot - And if the slider can’t be added then just please raise the limit to 50 GB.

Also being able to choose when the clips start and end from getting the kill :+1:

Play through feature would be another great thing! (i know the image under is LOL but would like it for Valorant)
play through video of match

Just in general it could be cool if there could be done some things a little like outplayed (i know people think why not just go with them then?) I like tracker much better and want to keep supporting it! That’s why I’m premium lol but would be nice to see tracker compete with them a little more. And by that, improving the overall experience of users.

hello, how do you use highlighters? I have this function enabled, but it does not record anything, what should I do?

Hi @Lucky2025,

Thank you for your detailed feedback! Let me answer your questions.

The app does not launch with Valorant half of the time and I have to reboot to get it to work or shut all instances down with the task manager.

Is your Overwolf client running when you launch the game? Could you also check if the auto-launch setting is enabled in the app settings?

The auto-launch function is implemented on the Overwolf side and there is no easy way for us to check why it does not work. I can send your logs to Overwolf to see if they can find the issue (please note we need to know exact date/time when you launched the game and the app did not show up automatically):

You can also discuss this issue with the Overwolf support team directly as they could be aware of possible reasons why the auto-launch function may not work:

For some reason valorant hightlights does not record in game modes even when the app is active.

Could you clarify what you mean please? Do you mean this feature does not work in specific game modes?

When deleting highlights they stay displayed which is quite annoying.

The highlights you delete will be hidden after playing a new match or when your restart the app. We had to implement this behavior to avoid jumping content but we will look into it to see if there is a way to improve how it works.

if I delete something within the folder and not the app it will still display the clips. Could be nice If it checked if the clips were still present in the folder if not it would not display them in the app

We will check if it is possible to implement and if so, we will add it to our to-do list. If not, we will add a new setting to reset the list of highlights in the app (which is planned anyway though).

would be very nice to have a slider to choose how much space it can take up to 10 GB is not a lot - And if the slider can’t be added then just please raise the limit to 50 GB.

We are going to release an update this week to increase the media folder maximum size (it will be 50 GB instead of 10 GB as suggested). A dedicated setting to adjust the limit manually will be added in one of the future updates as well.

Also being able to choose when the clips start and end from getting the kill
Play through feature would be another great thing!

We received similar feedback previously but we do not have plans to implement these features at the moment (even though we understand how important they are).

The Outplayed app you mentioned (and other similar projects) have dedicated teams working only on those features for several years already and it will take us months to implement something similar. Instead, we are currently considering other ways to improve highlights in our apps.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

I think the “not recording” issue is exactly related to the valorant tracker app not booting up with valorant - just checked now and booted it up and it recorded. :slight_smile:

i have forgoten that it makes highlights and i have over 800 hundred highlights i cant delet them
and if i could it would take 1 or 2 hours, can valorant tracker make somethink so you can delet all highlights at once