Inconsistencies between the game and tracker app overlay

Steam user here, thanks for the app it is a serious assistance for us casual non-pro players.

Now I would actually prefer if such info was already available in the app so I would not need to login to support forums in the first place.

So after less than a week of usage the following points can be identified:

1. Steam users profiles are completely invisible in the overlay, right? Currently in apex I can normally see only about 20 profiles out of 60, so the rest must be steam? 1/3 of the lobby is better than two squads (mine and champs) so it is still a great help. But is there there anyhing to increase this profile number?

2. Sometimes the overlay says I was killed by a certain player. Suddenly, the game tells me a completely different name, which I can check in-game. Is it just two different profiles of one player or is it a bug?

3. Your overlay / tracker app is dumb enough not to detect match quit. If you leave after selection screen (e.g. I do that every time i get less than full squad which is on average every 5-6th game), then it will display the previous lobby and the previous squad even when you requeue and get to a new selection screen.

Hi @1337,

Thank you for your feedback. The app developer is here to help you. :slight_smile:

Do I get it right that you would like to have something like FAQ? I guess we have such plans but no ETA right now.

Now, let me answer your questions.

1. You are right, profiles of Steam users are not available at the moment (there is still a chance we will be able to support them in the future). However, it does not mean that 2/3 of the lobby are Steam users (you can open your match history and check how many players there are on different platforms). As you might notice on our website, the game APIs are extremely limited which is why we usually have few stats for players. Unfortunately, it affects the app too and we cannot get stats for all players in a match even though we do our best to fetch as many profiles as possible.

2. If you see this issue again, could you take a screenshot and share it with me please? We have not had such reports so far and I’m not sure what’s the problem.

3. I think we already fixed this issue in the past. Anyway, I will check soon if I can reproduce it. If there is such a bug, we will release a fix.

If you still have any questions or would like to suggest some improvements, please let me know.

I tried to reproduce the issue which happens when you leave a match before it starts but everything works properly for me. Could you show please what you see in the app when it happens?

Also, I will need your Overwolf logs if you are able to reproduce #2 and #3:

1. Right-click on the Overwolf icon in the system tray.
  2. Click on the “Support” button.
  3. Click on the “Create logs zip” button.
  4. Upload the file and share it with us.

You can upload your logs on dropmefiles.com and share a link on this forum or send in PM.

thank you for the quick reply,

regarding #2 it is not common, and I cannot reproduce it, just happends occassionaly. I will try to screen it next time.

Now the #3 is fairy common. In fact I had just reproduced it 15 min ago. I created a file but well reduced a bit the amount of data in it, it is uploaded and I have a link. How do I pm here? :stuck_out_tongue:

I just quickly redacted player names for privacy (hehe, using my maaad photoshop skills /s)

this is a typical example what happens with #3. Not every time, but fairly common.

Please click on my nickname or avatar, you will see the “Message” button to write a private message.

i dont see any “message” button?

What do you see when you click on my nickname? This is what I see:

sorry no yellow button :stuck_out_tongue:

can you try to PM me so I probably try to reply?

I have read your logs and found the issue. Unfortunately, we cannot fix it in the app right now because of technical limitations on the Overwolf side. Generally speaking, we don’t know what exactly happens in the game menu. As a result, if you leave a match before it actually starts, the app will not be able to detect joining a new match (both matches are considered as a single match).

We rely on our internal tools to detect joining a new match in such cases but we cannot make it work with 100% accuracy. For example, it works well for me in my tests. However, in your case, some data is corrupted and our tools do not work for you at all.

I will ask the Overwolf team whether it is possible to detect your actions in the game menu to improve the situation. Hopefully, we will be able to fix it in the future.

Now, you asked me about different ranks in the roster and on the site.

We are aware of this issue (the roster shows slightly outdated ranks). It requires some more attention on our side but we don’t have ETA right now.